CozyCot Ads

Monday, April 12, 2010

Farmville - Co Op Farming

This is my first Co Op Farming.

So proud of it :)

I went to source around and found many jobs under All Jobs (highlighted in yellow). All of them are different. But I was unable to find one that I want. Morning Glory!

I was looking for a 12-hr crop to join so it would be easy to keep track of the timing.




This is another screen that shows (I think) a potential Co-Op I was considering to join.

I thought this looked easy but enough if there are 3 crops you can choose from, still I didn't really understand it one bit and then wondered if I needed to plant all 3 types? So I gave it up. Anyway it was all seeded already, though there were only 1 member I know and I don't know the rest of them.





I was discussing with SJ and she told me to look out for Co-Ops that were already seeded. And not to join if the Co-Op would not reach Gold in time.

Then I saw one nice job - LL in her quest of Morning Glories.

This is the story:

The Town Council decided to undertake a town greening project, and we need a whole lot of wildflowers! Morning Glories would be perfect, but we need a bunch on short notice. Could you help us?

I joined and seeded my first 294 (or was it 298? *scratch head*) crops. Then I opened up the Co-Op Icon and it brought me to the Active Jobs Tab (highlighted in yellow). It tells me the total number of plots that were already seeded for this job. It also tells me the members as well as the number of harvest that are still needed. The percentage right at the top helps to motivate me!



Once you have joined a Co-Op, you will be able to go to the Active Job tab (highlighted in yellow). Under Friends (still in the Active Job tab), there you will find the members of the Co-Op you are in. This is useful for you to see who are the active members. It shows only the number of Harvest that has been collected. Thus it does not show you who has seeded yet. I suppose it takes some time to see if the harvest will be in or not, since the crops could be withered or eaten by the wild pests or tramped by unfenced sheeps? Just kidding!




Anyway there is a Send Message function for each member for you to send updates. I tried to use this. But it then prompted me a message that permission has to be allowed for the feed to go to the wall of that friend. So it got me thinking that this means you can post only to the Facebook Walls. I also took it upon myself to send a FaceBook Message instead of using this. Feeds on the walls are sometimes missed. I only recently started checking my wall for friend's posts in the last month ;p (Am I horrible or just a late bloomer?)



Well, after 2 harvests later (my partner LL has practically 95% of her farm just for planting) we completed our job! 

FarmVille notified me about the completion and the story went like this:

These Morning Glories are perfect! We'll transfer them to the town square, and surely it will make us the prettiest spot in the county!

Well, I am always happy when someone is happy :)





Though we weren't able to get the gold (it was a good try), we were both very happy with the result. We both got our XP and Coins for our Job Rewards. And I got my Morning Glory Level 1 Mastery and it helped me for my Flower Power Award :)



Then I decided to start my own Co-Op. Wanted to wait for YL but I couldn't get her at the timing I wanted, so I delayed it to this afternoon 12pm. But that is another story for now...


You may want to view my other FarmVille posts here or surf around my blog here.

If you like, please visit my Support page here.

*Lynspirations


Share and learn. Learn and share :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard