CozyCot Ads

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Windows 7 - Service Pack 1

Just as Singapore is having its election (another cycle has come to passed), Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is also launched.

It just feels so sick (yes, sick) that they cannot call it another name but Service Pack 1. (yes, as sick as that lump in my throat, if you know what I mean).

Here was what I did:

I went to install it, a good 5 minutes and the restart cleared my MSN history and all that I was doing before the restart. And I got this screen after all the dust settled themselves.

Click on the pictures to view their normal size


And this came up. Yes, my taskbar floats at the top of my screen so that it is easy for me to see what time it is (I don't have a watch and if you want to give me one, please do donate to me at my Support page. )


Then It (by "it" I mean Windows 7) tells me that the installation is successful:

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932)
Installation date: 2/24/2011 11:07PM
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Installation status: Successful
Update type: Important
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update. The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable. A typical installation will take about 30 minutes to complete, and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process.
More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=206783Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=206784



Please do this update!

It will really take a good half an hour to complete the whole thing.
Also, do ignore some of the stupid stuff (like Silverlight or bitlocker updates) if you really do not need it. But do this first. This IS important!!!

Hi You may want to view my other Computer posts or surf around my blog. If you like, please visit my Support page.
*Lynspirations
Share and learn. Learn and share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard