CozyCot Ads

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Liese - Dark Chocolate Hair Dye (DIY)

The last few days I thought to myself, it's time to do something to my hair and today I finally did it!

I had trimmed my hair the last week and still wasn't satisfied with it. I even cut my fringe...

Honestly, I feel that I should cut down on expenses that has got to do with my hair: not to go to hair stylist (so that I can save that $400 bucks for hair straightening every half a year, which translates to $800 a year!) and also not to dye my hair in salons (this will save me like $200 to 300 every 3 months)... and I decided to go and spend on hair conditioning and better shampoo...

So in another words, I had to choose a hair style that is easy to maintain and I will need to be able to trim it myself!

Well, I started having this simple hair style last year (the last time when I visited my favorite hair stylist, I told him I wanted a simple hair cut and I managed to maintain this till now, with a slight variance - the fringe)... Then I tried to cut my hair and cut off my trips to salons... and I say it is still quite okay!

Anyway since my friend introduced me to Liese and we dyed our hair together last December, I have been hooked to dyeing my hair myself! After dyeing the Liese Bubble Hair Color (Sweet Pink), I am sick of that color and now wanted a darker color. And since I started using Maybelline mineral foundation and the BB cream, I appear to have lighter skin tone, which is really suitable for darker hair color... And I do really appear to be fairer on camera!

(Declaration: I don't like to be fair because I think being tanned is healthier! I love Vitamin D!)

Anyway, on Friday, I went to Watson and got myself this Liese Dark Chocolate dye.



Had no time to do it yesterday and decided to do-it-your/myself (DIY) today.

These are the things that came out of the Liese Dark Chocolate Box... As you can see, there is the Bleach (top of the picture), color dye, pump cover, conditional, booklet instructions and the empty box (left of picture). Please ignore that blue top, it happened to be there because I forgot to remove it!




Well, after putting on the glove, I went to pull out the tube. It is actually to be inserted into the bottle to draw out the chemicals...




 And this is how I look like, (before the hair dye)... Had to show the top of my head, where my natural black hair is coming out. The photo doesn't show my white hairs (part of the reasons why I wanted to dye my hair!)



(Click on the picture to see the enlarged version, if you want to...)

Well this is me, showing my hair which no longer has that strawberry pink (opps!) Sweet Pink Hair Dye color... it looks brownish because I got them bleached at my last trip to the hair saloon...


A more cheery me, with my hair ends...


Tried to show my hair ends but I just cannot aim properly!


Oh yeah, this shot was taken before I wear the glove...


And then I started to mix the chemicals... the hair color to the bleach... See how the color in the bottle changes as more hair color is added into the bleach...












Well, see the difference...
This is a close up of my hair ends, got Darling No 1 to take this picture, as you can see it is really difficult to take when you are wearing glove and your hands are dirty (this is why I couldn't take the pictures at my last hair dye session)...


Took this after I take my gloves off... Used up the bleach and hair color...
If you look careful enough, I am not at my house (you can see the basin look different from my previous post) so the tap and basin look different...

And because I am not at my house, I couldn't find a proper shower cap! And with my wit, I improvised! Any one can tell me which store I patronised? (leave me a comment below this blog post :p ) And

And I used the brown clip I just got (it cost me just $1, from a accessory shop in WestMall) to fasten my improvised shower cap... You can also see the hair dye staining my forehead too...



After 30minutes, I took off my "shower cap" and you can see the hair looks so dark! But of course when the hair is wet, it looks abit darker...


Then I went to put the hair conditioner (my own one, and also the one provided by Liese...

More pictures later... Going to take somemore after I dried my hair... Now, it's time for dinner!


You may want to surf around my blog. If you like, please visit my Support page.
*Lynspirations
Share and learn. Learn and share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard