CozyCot Ads

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Philips Sale 2010 - Garment Steamer GC520

This is another item I got at the sale today. (besides the SuperSalon Stylist, read my blog here). There were actually 2 models - 510 and 520 (green and blue). I got the blue one because it had more things for a difference of $20 - a glove, steam output control and, a better color! ;p

This thing costs $130 (a gift from my Darling No 1). No, I did not ask him to get me a household appliance (yes, I admit this is a dreadful thing, before we are married!) But I feel it is a good buy. My reasons:

1) I don't have to spend time pulling in and folding back the ironing board
2) I won't need to use the iron now. Oh the iron I am having, is actually also a Philips product and yes, it is a steam iron. Just don't ask me why am I into steam and irons ;p
3) I love blue
4) Jokes aside, I love blue ;p
5) I think it is important to iron with the minimum effort and get a good enough result.
6) I don't need my clothes to be so perfect that it doesn't have crease
7) I appreciate minimum effort with significant result
8) it is a sale, for goodness sake!
9) I've always wanted to get a steamer
10) Yes, I have the horizonal poles in my room which makes it just ideal to get this steamer :)

There you have it (my reasons) and let's see what it looks like.

 

 

As you can see, the benefits are:

1) Quick crease removal
2) Customize steam level for different garments
3) Easy to use
4) Safe on all garments
5) Maximum safety (glove given for protection)
6) Continuous steaming for up to 30 mins
7) Easy steamer head holder
8) Maximum safety
9) Suitable for tap water

The instruction for using are also relatively simple.

1) add water and check the maximum water level
2) hook up the head
3) plug in
4) press power button
5) wait for 2mins
6) ensure the pipe is straight and not curled or obstructed.
7) use glove to pull the fabric where necessary and do not put the steamer too near to the fabric
8) power down when ironing is complete
9) unplug from the socket
10) turn the latch to release the remaining water and pour out the remaining water
11) keep the head in a anti-clockwise direction
12)  keep the power cords in a anti-clockwise direction



And here are the un-packing pictures:










As you can see, the whole appliance is wrapped in plastic and it took like a pair of scissors and 2minutes to un-wrap.


A close up on the glove and the water container that is also given inside. The head holder is really good! Also in the picture is the pink and black dog house that I wanted to get for Darling No 3 (also paid by Darling No 1 ;p)


And Darling No 2 got so bored that he just slept in his bed (Darling No 1 chose this for his 2010 birthday present :) )

And actually Darling No 3 was sleeping under my table and she saw that I took photo for Darling No 2 and she begin to walk about and sniff at the steamer. I got her to lie down next to the steamer to compare the size! Yes, they are almost the same size!


And this is the steamer with me play-acting - adding the water.


Well, will post pictures tomorrow :)

This is the link to see the effects of the garment steamer and you may want to See the video here.

You may want to surf around my blog. If you like, please visit my Support page.
*Lynspirations
Share and learn. Learn and share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard