CozyCot Ads

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

life in mono - great expections (1998)



Oh.

I am reminded of this show that I watched in 1998. View the highlights here.

Great Expectations is a novel by Charles Dickens.

I was only a teenager (not telling you my age, mind you!). It made such an impression on me that I went to get the CD soundtrack.

It is the CD that I am holding now in my hands.

I went through the sound track and listened to all 16 songs. I did 'fast-forward' some of the songs. Personally I appreciate the first 4 songs greatly.

My favourite song (okay, one of my favourite songs) was Life in Mono.

It goes like this.

The stranger sang a theme
From someone else's dream
The leaves began to fall
And no-one spoke at all
But I can't seem to recall
When you came along
Ingenue


Ingenue
I just don't know what to do


The tree-lined avenue
Begins to fade from view
Drowning past regrets
In tea and cigarettes
But I can't seem to forget
When you came along
Ingenue.

I am intrigue by the word 'when' in the lyrics.
The first paragraph was talking about the time; whereas the second paragraph emphasised on the person, instead of the time.

How amazing tone changes the meaning of the sentence.




#ingénue also ingenue
in·gé·nue \ˈan-jə-ˌnü, ˈän-; ˈaⁿ-zhə-, ˈäⁿ-\. Function: noun. Etymology: French
n.
1. A naive, innocent girl or young woman.
2. An actress who specializes in playing the role of an artless innocent young girl







It reminds me of the importance of punctuation too:


Woman, without her man, is nothing.

Woman! Without her, man is nothing!





This is the URL to link you to Youtube.

*Lynspirations

Have you watched this movie? What is your thought?



No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard