Pointers I like:
1. Obey government and airline rules on the size and number of items.
2. Stow your bag in the overhead bin with the wheels in first.
3. Don't put bags in length-wise (if you can help it)
4. Put your larger item up top, your smaller item at your feet.
5. Don't commandeer another passenger's under-seat space.
6. Make sure your bag is light enough to lift over your head yourself.
7. Get your stuff before takeoff.
Personally I feel that it is important to just talk nicely to the nice old lady or the smart career woman who is sitting near you.
Who knows? You may just become acquaintances!
Tips made easy for you!