CozyCot Ads

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April Fool's Virus



Just a thought after I saw this on SJ's Facebook: Conficker Worm.

My Darling No 1 said his PC was infected by this before.

I wonder if it will surface again? I hope my VIPRE will stand me in good stead. Or at least my router should.

Maybe I will post some pictures and reviews about VIPRE later...

but here's some food for thought: (Source)



Worried about Conficker? A few simple steps can protect you.




Target: All users of Windows XP and Windows Vista. 


If you reached this web site, your computer is not infected. If you are running an up-to-date version of a Norton security solution – you are not infected. 

The Conficker worm is no longer spreading quickly. On April 1st the worm took steps to protect itself. Since then we have seen signs that the worm may be spreading new malicious code between already infected machines.

If you have a computer that cannot access symantec.com, microsoft.com or the web sites of other security vendors your computer may be infected. If that is the case, follow the steps below (see “What to do if you are infected”).






I copied only the first few para from the website. Because, I am truly amused by the audacity of Norton. Does displaying the site means that the computer is safe? I don't think their site can scan your entire PC. Must all virus block their site?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard