CozyCot Ads

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My throat is irritating me!

My throat felt like it's coated in oil! It was after the packet of mee (also known as noodle) that my dad bought.

Then I surfed and found this interesting read here.

You can get phlegm after eating oily food! Oh and the solution was to moderate the amount of carbohydrates versus protein and fat.

Eat a moderate sized meal with a protein and a fat, and keep you carb intake between 15 and 30 grams during the meal.
I am not sure if this is the solution but it does really remind me of my diet for the past 2 days. It's my mom's cooking and she doesn't cook veggies! She thinks that tomatoes are enough. She simply boils a packet of tomatoes (I think about 10 of them) in a pot and tat is her veggies! I prefer something that is green in color! Well, I went to do a search on the fibre content of Tomatoes.

This is what I have gathered from Continuum Health Partners:

Now look at Tomatoes

Tomatoes Portion Calories Fiber (grams)
Raw1 sm. 22 1.4
Canned1/2 cup
21
1.0
Sauce1/2 cup 20 0.5
Catsup1 tbsp. 18 0.2








And another Fruit

Eggplant Portion Calories Fiber (grams)
Baked with Tomatoes2 thick sl 42 4.0





And other Vegetables

Celery, Pascal
Portion
Calories
Fiber (grams)
Raw
1/4 cup
5
2.0
Chopped
2 tbsp
3
1.0
Cooked
1/2 cup
9
3.0








Carrots Portion Calories Fiber (grams)
Raw, slivered (4-5 sticks)1/4 cup 10 1.7
Cooked1/2 cup 20 3.4






I guess she is right since it is about the same as carrots (and I love carrots). But it is not as much fiber as a fruit should have (Eggplant)!


And DidYouKnowORG says:
The tomato is the world’s most popular fruit. And yes, just like the brinjal and the pumpkin, botanically speaking it is a fruit, not a vegetable. More than 60 million tons of tomatoes are produced per year, 16 million tons more than the second most popular fruit, the banana. Apples are the third most popular (36 million tons), then oranges (34 million tons) and watermelons (22 million tons).

Tomatoes were first cultivated in 700 AD by Aztecs and Incas. Explorers returning from Mexico introduced the tomato into Europe, where it was first mentioned in 1556. The French called it “the apple of love,” the Germans “the apple of paradise.”
Tomatoes are rich in vitamins A and C and fibre, and are cholesterol free. An average size tomato (148 gram, or 5 oz) boasts only 35 calories. Furthermore, new medical research suggests that the consumption of lycopene – the stuff that makes tomatoes red – may prevent cancer. Lycopene is part of the family of pigments called carotenoids, which are natural compounds that create the colors of fruits and vegetables. For example, beta carotene is the orange pigment in carrots. As with essential amino acids, they are not produced by the human body. Lycopene us the most powerful antioxidant in the carotenoid family and, with vitamins C and E, protect us from the free radicals that degrade many parts of the body.
You may want to surf around my blog here. If you like, please visit my Support page here.
*Lynspirations
Share and learn. Learn and share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard