CozyCot Ads

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fishville - Lake Nessie

I just have to share this with you...

I wasn't very impressed with the Lake Nessie in the Market.


$56 Farmville Dollar??? No doubt it is 2,000 XP but still...

Then I saw it at DH's Farm... I was so impressed!

It is HUGE and so cute!

The first picture shows the lake. Then my eyes blinked and a head came out. I thought, oh, that is all it will do? and looked around the farm for more interesting stuff... and then the WHOLE HEAD pop out!

WOAH!

And just as sudden as it came out, it quietly went back into the deep waters again...




Cool!

Do you know that the Lake Nessie is based on the Lake Monster? It is also known as the Loch Ness Monster.















I used to think it is impossible when I was young that such a monster would exist but then, as I grow up, it seemed more plausible.

My parents had a story on this. I can't recall the exact scenes but it went to the effect of something like this:

There was a sea monster that rises to the surface every 2 or 3 years, but no one had ever testified seeing it, except the lone watcher in the tower. This tower was the one in the middle of the sea.
The story went like this. The replacing watch guard was at a hand over session from the outgoing watch guard. The 60 year old watch guard had been on the island for the past 6 years and was retiring to go back to his home town, somewhere inland, far away from the sea. 
He did not know why but he felt he must tell the young guard, who was only in his 20s that he would always be watched. The young guard asked what? And he replied, oh, you would know come tonight.
The night fell. The white-haired guard rang the siren while showing the young one where the switches were. He told the young one to feel the air. He had remembered the time when he started his duties, he heard the same sound.
It just came. The sound just changed and the air just felt different. There was a charge in the air, immediately after the siren was sounded.
As gently as the change came, the force that was charged in the air become stronger. Suddenly both of them could hear it. The sound of rising water and a wailing that was so sad that it touched both of them in their spines.
It was a sad sound. A cry that came from the most heart wrenching separation. It was the call of the mate. Where was the sound from?
It was different from the siren and yet so familiar. As gentle as the siren, yet deeper. The sound continued for a while and both the men stood still. They stared at the sea until the sound was gone. The sound of the sea would not replace the void in their heart made known by the sudden silence.

I cannot recall the entire story but if I chance to see the book again, I will type it out. It was a short essay but very touching.

You may want to view my other FarmVille posts here or surf around my blog here.

If you like, please visit my Support page here.

*Lynspirations
Cool Nessie!









No comments:

Post a Comment

thQnk :)

Dreamstime

CozyCot Adv

Subscribe Now: standard